Part Time I
Come join our team! This is a flexible position offering opportunities for day, evening or weekend work! Pick up just a few extra hours a week - choose your days.
Summary - The primary purpose of this position is to make available to the residents a full schedule of transportation services to meet the requirements of offered activities in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines, regulations and Cypress Cove established policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Chauffer for the facility vehicle(s), offering transportation to residents for schedule activities, unscheduled trips and special requested trips. Must be available for evening and weekend hours.
- Assists passengers to enter and leave car, holds umbrellas in wet weather, and loads and unloads baggage and luggage.
- Takes responsibility for maintenance and upkeep of facility vehicle. Keeps car clean, polished, and in good operating condition.
- Assists in activities, administration or any other department as necessary and as available.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
All employees enjoy the following benefits:
- 403 B Retirement plan w/company match
- FREE hams/turkeys at the holidays
- FREE annual Flu shot
- FREE soup/salad daily
Questions? Call 239-415-5120 and speak with Rob Lysaght regarding position details.
Education and/or Experience: Must have a high school diploma or GED. Must have basic understanding of the mechanical components of a vehicle.
Language Skills: Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English in order to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must have a current Class C - CDL driver’s license with (P) passenger endorsement, or must acquire said license within the first 30 days of employment.
Other Skills and Abilities: Must have an appreciation and compassion for the elderly. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agency personnel.