Dining Room Supervisor
Dining Room Supervisor
Come join our Dining Services Team and Love Where You Work! Cypress Cove is hiring a Full Time Dining Room Supervisor - looking for someone with supervisory experience, compassion for the elderly and a friendly, team-oriented attitude!
Summary: Under the supervision of the Dining Room Operations Manager, the Dining Room Supervisor manages the day to day functions of the dining room, lounge, and all food related catering, staff scheduling, and maintenance of facilities. Responsible for ensuring staff are sufficiently trained in their position and maintaining high staff morale. Keep accurate books and follow accounting procedures. Must handle customer complaints and criticisms in a positive, solution-oriented manner.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of dining and catering events including supervision of all catering/dining employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Knowledge of all required state and federal laws and regulations relating to the operation of dining facilities.
- Working knowledge of computer systems including use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication, as well as excellent interpersonal and managerial leadership, coaching and employee development skills.
- Able to demonstrate active and focused listening skills. Able to delegate and provide clear instructions, then follow up and deliver feedback on a routine basis.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, motivate and counsel staff. Demonstrated abilities to provide creative leadership and make consistent and sound judgments.
- Currently possess or able to obtain Serv-Safe Certification immediately upon hire.
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as appropriate.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or at least three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to speak, read and write English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions, policies, procedures and regulations relating to the industry. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be computer literate having the ability to utilize multiple software and online programs to complete tasks. Knowledge of Ultimate Software (UltiPro) and SmartLinx systems a plus.